A Message from our CEO
Dear PHRI Family,
The health and well-being of our staff and our patients are front and center and is the top priority for PHR during this COVID-19 pandemic. We continue to have the safety and care of our patients and staff as our top priority. We will navigate through these challenging times and provide you with guidance to ensure the safety of all of you as we continue to provide services to our patients. We will also continue to monitor the guidance and direction of NAHC, the CDC, and State and Local Health Departments as we conduct our daily activities during this time.
The safety and well-being of our patients and our people is always our top priority. PHRI continues to be dedicated to our mission of providing the high-quality home health care and hospice services to more people.
We encourage you and your loved ones to take the following precautions and please remember CDC ‘s recommendation to protect yourself:
- Stay home when you are sick
- Practice good hand hygiene
- Cover your cough or sneeze using a tissue, then discard the tissue in the trash. Wash your hands.
- Avoid touching your eyes, face, nose and mouth
- Avoid contact with people who are sick
- Clean and disinfect touched objects and surfaces frequently
- Avoid crowds; Use Social distancing
- Stay informed – check the CDC website for guidance regularly: https://www.cdc.gov/covid19
During this pandemic, PHRI continues to provide high-quality care by doing the following:
- Activation of an internal, COVID-19 Committee, an interdisciplinary group with extensive knowledge and experience in home health, hospice, infections disease, public health and disaster response to coordinate the organization’s efforts to prepare for the virus in accordance with guidance from the Centers for Disease Control (CDC).
- Implementing emergency preparedness plans, including reviewing of our Infection Control Policies and Procedures, Staff Inventory of Personal Protective Equipment (PPE), and creating patient and caregiver education and support materials
- Providing education and in-service training for staff about COVID-19, prevention, and infection control practices.
- Supplementing our Infection Control Manual with a COVID-19 specific policy, including screening for illness post travel or potential exposure for employees and patients
- Working with local and national public health resources to ensure we have the most up-to-date information in our approach to managing the spread of the virus.
- Educating patients on symptoms that indicate a need for emergency help or further medical care.
Let us all do our part to keep us safe and prevent further spread of the COVID-19.
The following are guidance for Patients and Caregivers with COVID-19
Frequently asked questions about COVID-19: https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/faq.html
COVID-19 Fact Sheet: https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/downloads/2019-ncov-factsheet.pdf
Steps to prevent illness: https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/about/prevention.html?CDC_AA_refVal=https%3A%2F%2Fhttp://www.cdc.gov%2Fcoronavirus%2F2019-ncov%2Fabout%2Fprevention-treatment.html
Contact Us for Home Care and Skilled Nursing Services in Annandale VA, Washington DC, Arlington VA, Baltimore, Lanham MD, Kensington MD and Surrounding Communities
Please contact us with questions and to set-up an appointment by filling out the form below or giving us a call at one of your locations.
Professional Healthcare Resources
7619 Little River Turnpike, Suite 600
Annandale, VA 22003
Professional Healthcare Resources provides services 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
Washington, DC Office
501 School Street SW
Washington, DC 20024
1501 S Edgewood Street
Baltimore, MD 21227
10605 Concord Street
Kensington, MD 20895
4429 Forbes Boulevard
Lanham, MD 20706
Central Intake Department
Patient Referrals: 866-243-1234
Personal Care: 877-747-7479
Careers at PHRI:
Toll Free: 888-288-7474