About Professional Healthcare Resources Hospice Care, Home Care and Elder Care in Kensington MD, Annandale VA, Arlington VA, Baltimore, Lanham MD, Washington DC and Surrounding Areas
Founded in 1994 by Eileen DeCesare, RN, MS, CNAA, LNC, NE-BC, Professional Healthcare Resources is a family owned and operated home healthcare and hospice company, dedicated to helping our clients and patients improve the quality of their lives. With a team of 800+ employees, we are devoted to offering responsive care with respect, compassion, and dignity.
Whether you need skilled nursing in Alexandria, VA; hospice care in Baltimore, MD; or home health care in Washington, DC, Professional Healthcare Resources is here to help! From assistance with recovery after a recent hospitalization or illness to help with the activities of daily living, we offer a wide range of home health and elder care solutions, with services that are tailored around your or your loved one’s needs. Whatever brings you to us, you can be confident that we carry our guiding principles and client-first philosophy throughout everything we do.
Professional Healthcare Resources is a nurse owned company who is committed to the highest standard of quality in the healthcare industry today. Our Mission is to provide high quality home health personal care and hospice care services to all people.
Professional Healthcare Resources strives to establish our role as the preferred provider of home health and hospice services to our clients, patients, our community health care partners, health management organizations, and our community healthcare employees.
Patients are our top priority, and at Professional Healthcare Resources, we constantly seek to provide opportunities and environments that empower our staff to deliver timely and skillful care. In fact, our organizational structure may be said to resemble an inverted pyramid where the corporate and administrative staff exists to support our medical field professionals in providing our patients with quality care.
- Caring camaraderie that influences all professional relationships
- Superior quality in staffing homecare services
- Outstanding service that addresses our clients’ needs and desires
- Direct and timely responses to client referrals and requests
- Consistent advancement of and improvement upon industry standards
- Open, clear communication between all clients, partners and staff
- Honesty, integrity and reliability in all we say and do
- Innovative leadership combined with courage, persistence and vision
- Active participation of all staff in developing and implementing ideas and processes
- Commitment to listen and understand so as to act appropriately in all situations
- 1994 Professional Healthcare Resources, Inc. (PHR) founded by Eileen DeCesare, RN
- 1995 Professional Healthcare begins providing private duty personal care services
- 1995 Professional Healthcare receives Medicare certification and begins providing skilled home healthcare services
- 1998 Company headquarters moves from Alexandria to Falls Church, Virginia
- 1999 Patient daily census tops 100
- 2000 Washington, DC branch opened
- 2003 Lanham, Maryland branch acquired from Doctor’s Community Hospital
- 2003 Patient daily census tops 500
- 2003 Richmond, Virginia branch opened
- 2004 Corporate Headquarters moves from Falls Church, VA to Annandale, VA
- 2005 Bethesda, Maryland branch opened
- 2005 Patient daily census tops 1,000
- 2006 Professional Healthcare’s DC branch named to HomeCare Elite
- 2006 Norfolk and Roanoke, Virginia branches opened
- 2007 Baltimore branch acquired from St. Agnes Hospital
- 2007 Professional Healthcare begins providing hospice services
- 2007 Six Professional Healthcare branches in HomeCare Elite
- 2008 Professional Healthcare accredited by Community Health Accreditation Program
- 2009 Professional Healthcare celebrates fifteen years of quality home care
- 2009 Implementation of the Cerner BeyondNow© Point of Care software
- 2009 Baltimore branch celebrates thirty years of hospice care
- 2009 Seven branches were named to the HomeCare Elite
- 2010 Hospice opens in Annandale and Washington, DC
- 2010 Daily census tops 2000
- 2010 Four branches are named to the HomeCare Elite
- 2010 Norfolk branch acquires Excel Professional Home Health Agency
- 2013 Professional Healthcare’s accreditation renewed by Community Health Accreditation Program (CHAP)
- 2013 Richmond/Norfolk branches named as Prestigious 2013 HHCAHPS Honors Recipient
- 2014 Lanham and Washington, DC branches recognized by OCS HomeCare/National Research Corporation in HomeCare Elite list of agencies.
- 2015 All 7 PHR branches receive outstanding 4 Star rating in Medicare’s new Home Health Star Rating system.
- 2016 PHR – CHAP accreditation for all branch locations and service lines. Received “ We Honor Veterans “ level 4 Accreditation.
- 2018 Ms. DeCesare recognized as Corporate USA Today’s winner for Highly Influential Business Leader in Residential Nursing. PHR Transitioned to Home Care, Home Base EMR